Thursday, June 30, 2011

The Joy of Sports

Watching my children enjoy their sport has brought back wonderful memories of the shear enjoyment I got from sport as a child. Not so much the exhilaration of competition or the satisfaction of winning, but the deep joy of free movement and knowing your own body. Like when you watch a puppy frolic in the grass or see children chase each other around the playground.

Its probably why some people continue to play sports into their senior years, and why I keep persevering through my ongoing road running injuries (I was built for speed and not endurance).

Here are pictures of Daniel in flow at the Mini-comrades (which he won again), and Hannah with her best friend Sarah at a recent tennis tournament
at the Westridge Stadium.

I really hope they are able to enjoy the fun and joy of movement through sports and recreational activities for many years to come.

No comments:

Post a Comment